What version of windows do you run?

Virus1x

Do you run Windows 10?

Do you run Windows 11?

You a psychopath and still run Windows 7?

You a super psychopath and use Windows 8/8.1? (If yes, you need to be committed)

Me: I run AtlasOS Windows 10, Why? Because fuck windows updates breaking shit and honestly fuck all the excess shit windows add's by default you don't need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Virus1x said:

The computer I'm typing this message on runs the latest build of windows 11 + my own activator.

I have 3 other computers, two of them run different Linux operating systems. 

Windows 8 burned my eyes when it came out lmao. I really miss windows 7. :(

16 hours ago, Virus1x said:

You a super psychopath and use Windows 8/8.1? (If yes, you need to be committed)

lmao, I used to run w8.1 up untill like a month back when I updated to w10 because Steam dropped support for it =D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I use AtlasOS on Windows 10 as well.

Since 0.3 released recently w/ Windows 11 support I'm considering switching over soon, I just appreciate a lot of the improvements to shit like snippingtool, mspaint, etc in Windows 11 making me want to go back.

If it weren't for AtlasOS existing I probably would've just stuck to using Arch Linux, only problem is obviously most cheats don't work on it so you have to setup a KVM or dual-boot anyways.

• Upvote 1

Ive been switching a lot, from windows 10 to windows 11 to windows 10 to windows 11 and so on and so on, tried downloading windows 8.1 recently since that was what i grew up with but ofc no driver support which meant no internet access :D Currently im running windows 10 and i was thinking of downloading atlas as well a bit ago, however i don't know what the hell they put in it so i would rather not. Even tho its open source but yeah better safe than sorry.

2 hours ago, MCPEngu said:

Atlas could have hidden shit you don't want you're right. Someone needs to take it apart piece by piece.

I also don't really think you'll get much of a performance boost if your PC has good specs.

Atlas seems like it would have the most benefits on mobile devices like laptops or a handheld device.

5 hours ago, MCPEngu said:

Ive been switching a lot, from windows 10 to windows 11 to windows 10 to windows 11 and so on and so on, tried downloading windows 8.1 recently since that was what i grew up with but ofc no driver support which meant no internet access :D Currently im running windows 10 and i was thinking of downloading atlas as well a bit ago, however i don't know what the hell they put in it so i would rather not. Even tho its open source but yeah better safe than sorry.

So they don't put anything in it, it used to be they packaged an ISO. They no longer do that, they make you install official windows ISO and then modify it with their toolkit which is all open source on their GITHUB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lizardlabs said:

Atlas could have hidden shit you don't want you're right. Someone needs to take it apart piece by piece.

I also don't really think you'll get much of a performance boost if your PC has good specs.

Atlas seems like it would have the most benefits on mobile devices like laptops or a handheld device.

See above

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UnstucK said:

I am stuck with windows xp sp1, 32bit and ntfs disk, because i mimic Organner

Wow, haven't heard that name in a while. Brings back some good and bad memories. He still owes me money.

18 hours ago, Virus1x said:

So they don't put anything in it, it used to be they packaged an ISO. They no longer do that, they make you install official windows ISO and then modify it with their toolkit which is all open source on their GITHUB.

That makes it sound slightly better actually. I have free time today and i'll check it out.