Unrelated topic (computer upgrade help)

stezz

I have minimal knowledge on computer upgrading, and actually bough a prebuilt computer a couple years ago.

i want to know what PCI cable I need, on my graphics card there are two 6 pin ports. I need to know what I need to install this, (what cord matches power source and graphics card)

My pc

the new card I want to install: vision TEK 6, Radeon HD 6870

Edited by stezz

6 pin and 8 pin connectors are part of your power supply. if you dont have any 6 pin connectors you can find a 4 pin to 6 pin adapter on amazon or just buy a new power supply.

adapters: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-Molex-Power/dp/B01DV1Z22K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496345224&sr=8-1&keywords=4+pin+to+6+pin+adapter

edit: if you need 2 6 pins and you dont have any then you will probably want to buy a new power supply because your current one may not be able to handle your system, but if your short on cash and need a quick solution then the adapters should work just fine if you have enough 4 pin connectors.

Source: ive built every computer ive ever had myself, and im going to college for this shit.

Edited by noeye